Friday, August 24, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday: Vol #12

1.  Week on Hiatus:  Last week was a wacky week with a wacky one year old.  It happens. As a result my 7 Quick Takes article didn't happen.  I might miss today's 7 Quick Takes if my dear daughter doesn't quit whining, banging her head on the underside of the table and eating the plastic spice canister of turmeric.  


2.  Fair Fare:  We're headed to the county fair tonight for some big city fun:  petting farm animals, people watching and eating fair food.  The guilty pleasure I'm most excited about isn't just another funnel cake... its red velvet funnel cake.  

Go ahead.  Envy me.  


3.  Finally:  Huzzah!  I got a job interview.  Its entry-level for a Christian book company, but hey... there's not too many industries you can specifically target with a Bachelor of Science in Religion with a concentration Biblical Studies.  Hope it works out...


4.  Fall Back Plan:  I seriously want to open up a mobile food vending business.  Though not my first choice, apparently the mobile hot dog business is doing well.  There's something that taps down into my inner man, combining cooking and transportation.  


5.  Oh, by the way:  My wife and I are expecting our second child!  


6.  Article of the Week:  Great article on the Coming Home Network by Thomas Storck titled The Catholic Church: Reality and Ideal.  It does a good job balancing the excitement of the convert having found the truth and the all-too-often disappointment that individual Catholics and parishes don't live up to that truth perfectly.  


7.  Joke of the Week: Removed... before the picture police got on my case.

Read the original at Conversion Diary.

1 comment:

  1. If you ever want fast answers to your Catholic questions, you might post at http://forums.catholic.com/

    You'd want to start a thread in the Apologetics section. Just as an example, this thread on John6 got 70 back & forth comments in about 24 hours: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=706360

    ReplyDelete