Friday, February 11, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (vol.1)

I am gonna have to agree with my wife that it is way too cold out there.  That little bit of whining is coming from a guy who actually likes cold weather.   If we haven't been out of the single digits in nearly four days then maybe that is God's way of telling me it is time to relocate to a subtropical beach location.  For now I'll just stay on Hoth and wait for it thaw a little bit before I ride my Tauntaun out from Echo base to pick up some Wampa burgers for lunch.



 - 2 -
Did anyone catch the trailer for Cowboys and Aliens?  If this flick had been made 30 years ago it might have been parodied on a Mystery Science Theater episode.  As silly as the plot seems... I can honestly say I'm going to watch it.  Probably from Red Box.  I have no problem with over-the-top, cross genre, lousy-plot-but-big-on-action flicks so long as they know that is what they are.  When they start taking themselves too seriously, thats when I have issues (ahem, ahem... Transformers 3).




- 3 -
Speaking of cold, I'm curious... if I have enough buildup of icicles on my apartment will they eventually weigh so much that they will tear off my gutter?  Not that I'm asking for any particular reason.




- 4 -
This weekend will mark the beginning my annual bout with what experts call PFD, or Post-Football Depression.  The early onset stage began during Pro-Bowl week, which didn't feature a real football game just a punching demonstration hosted by the AFCs face.  This week my PFD starts in full.




- 5 -
Last Sunday was Bob Marley's birthday.  I can tell ya right now it is so cold the only way there could possibly be "Three Little Birds" on my doorstop is if I ran out of room in my freezer and left three frozen roaster hens on my doormat.




- 6 -
I have been on a weight loss crusade of sorts over the past year and I had dropped around 60+ pounds as of last November.  I only weigh myself every two weeks.  I've been bad ever since Thanksgiving (I've actually gained about 10lbs) so two days ago I weighed myself to gauge how I was doing for this Friday just to see where I was at...bad idea.  For the first time ever I am going to probably gain weight for my two week weigh in.  I am thoroughly disgusted with myself and I have got to buckle down.


- 7 -
My favorite thing about Fridays?  My weekend started last night.  

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! Sixty pounds is a huge accomplishment! Don't let any gain you see on the scale take over the motivation for the end goal. You start over everyday and every moment. Keep up the good work!

    Cowboys and Aliens. That sounds like a movie that Channing Tatum would sign onto.

    ReplyDelete